The Five Generic Competitive Strategies
This course will equip you with knowledge and skills to take into account the strategic capability of a business and the expectations of stakeholders in crafting a full proof strategic growth plan.
- Methods of strategy development through internal resources, acquisition and alliances
- Success criteria for strategic choices – suitability, acceptability and feasibility
- Techniques to evaluate strategic options
Plus, learn about:
- Motives for strategies. Fitting strategies to a changing business environment
- Stretching and exploiting organisational resources and competencies
- Meeting expectations deriving from cultural and political contexts
Businesses that formulate strategy based on the strategic capability of their business and expectations of stakeholders outperform their competitors by 60%. By the end of the program you will:
- Have a clear understanding of the five generic strategies in business ensuring a business’ growth strategy is realistic, meaning and achievable.
- Have the training and techniques to protect and build a business with confidence.
- Have the tools and techniques to deliver modified or new products to existing markets and offer existing products to new markets.
- Have the templates and tools to diversify a company’s strategy to take the organisation away from both its current markets and products.